Every Child Deserves to Achieve!
Vote for Keith to:
Champion every student receiving the educational right to read at grade level.
Ensure student voice is increasingly included in school district decision making.
Listen to your suggestions and concerns and carry those to the board.
Fight for high academic rigor for all students (IB, AP, AVID, etc.).
Champion equitable and appropriate academic opportunities for students who receive special education and multilingual language services.
Advocate for early childhood and pre-kindergarten learning.
Advocate strongly for education, racial, and gender inclusion equity.
Support STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) and personalized learning through technology for all students.
Support college opportunities for high school students (CIS, PSEO, etc.).
Partner with union and business leaders to create more opportunities for vocational training for students.
Empower more parents/caregivers to help their children succeed in our school district.
Seek opportunities to help the school district increase teachers, principals, and employees of color in leadership positions to better reflect our student population.
Keith in Action
As a Saint Paul Schools Board of Education Member, Keith worked with his school board colleagues to:
• Create the racial equity policy.
• Create the anti-bullying policy.
• Create the gender inclusion policy.
• Create and update a policy to ban e-tobacco products, partnering with student leaders.
• Partnered with teachers, community leaders, SPPS employees, the superintendent and administration leaders to create two strategic plans that guide students to academic and vocational success.
•Tutored students in math and reading skills.
• Provided communication and leadership training classes for students.
• Mentored FIRST robotics teams.
• Held community meetings with district council and community leaders to gather feedback and ideas to improve service to our students.
• Visited all SPPS schools three or more times.
• Participated in national discussions about public education in Washington, D.C., with members of Congress.
• Advocated strongly for increased input from students, parents/caregivers, and community stakeholders.
• Championed alternative as well as traditional schools.
• Advocated for increased student recognition at the school board and district level.
Keith Hardy Discusses Progress in the Saint Paul Public Schools on North Star Oasis, September 12, 2015.